With a growing inventory, ProVision reached a situation where it was no longer feasible to meet its operational requirements using spreadsheets and a basic asset management solution. They wanted to tie all of their operations into one, front to back-end management solution that also included a comprehensive tracking and booking facility.
ITV ProVision now uses MCS-rm to run their AV hire operation. With a few progressive bespoke modifications to fit the unique nature of ProVision's operation, they were ready to implement the MCS-rm software solution.
Deal Pricing was particularly valuable for us with its ability to apply different pre-agreed customer discounts as well as capture verbally agreed discounts for multiple orders at the point of sale.
Some items don’t have a serial number, so barcode scanning lets us identify them electronically,” explained Danny. “Information captured by our bar code scanners is automatically uploaded into MCS-rm enabling us to track all inventory items, large or small, whether on hire or off hire or travelling between depots.
At the click of my mouse, I can see 73 live contracts today plus five deliveries, no collections and no overdue collections. Anything overdue can be immediately actioned and resolved.
Since using MCS-rm, ITV ProVision has been able to:
- Enable warehouse staff to check equipment in and out and support the inventory control procedures.
- Use sound alerts developed by MCS to ensure their scanner operators are aware of any problem as they arise, such as when an item is due a service.
- Have access to the history of every item in the system using the integrated barcode scanner.
- Create reminders and actionable activities using the 'Today' screen, delivering time and labour-saving benefits.
- Access product information quickly and accurately and add it, along with the pricing, to a contract.