The decision to choose new rental management software for their business, ultimately came down to finding a centralised and integrated system that would help run and manage the business efficiently. Torpedo narrowed down the candidates to two finalists and eventually chose MCS-rm hire software for its functionality and flexibility.
Torpedo Factory Group then began a staged implementation, with the first priority being to make the core rental functionality accessible to senior managers and the different teams within the company, including:
- Hire Desk
- Project Management
- Dispatch & Delivery
We frequently had the problem of quoting for a job and the customer then assuming that the kit would be delivered, even though they hadn’t made a formal booking. MCS-rm rental software has made a huge difference in helping us to avoid costly misunderstandings with customers. With all quotations logged in one place on the MCS system, our sales director can check that any unconfirmed quotations are followed up, so that no opportunity is missed.
Lost Business Analysis
If the customer declines a quotation, analysing the reason helps us to build our business insight. Did we lose out on price, for example, or due to factors outside our control?
The MCS Team
MCS are a pleasant team to work with. The helpdesk support is fantastic and I feel I’ve got my money’s worth!
Equipment hire is at the heart of what we do and we wanted a specialised package that would link to our existing Sage accounting system and give us end-to-end support. We felt that MCS-rm offered the best fit with our wide-ranging business. Today, we’re happy that we made the right decision in going with MCS.
Since using MCS-rm rental software, Torpedo Factory Group can now:
- Track all assets from quotation to invoicing
- Maintain a record of every transaction and create a complete picture of equipment location, availability and utilisation at any time.
- Gain access to a larger, combined stock list with the inter-depot transfer feature
- Save time and reduce errors with single data entry
- Automatically and immediately invoice customers following equipment off-hire with the integrated workflow process, accelerating cash flow.