Procomm had grown quickly in a short space of time, despite many of its routine processes being undertaken in an old-fashioned labour intensive way. In a bid to automate its manual processes, Procomm Site Services researched the market in 2013 for rental management software solutions.
From an initial shortlist of five vendors, Procomm chose cloud-based MCS-rm rental software.
As we have got such high value assets on the books, it is really important that we know where they are, who’s got them, when they went out and when they are due back, what it cost and when we bought them. MCS-rm handles this with ease and we know if each asset is well utilised and generating the right level of income.
We have seen huge gains in engineer productivity and efficiency by implementing MCS Workshop Mobile. Each engineer clicks a button when they start and finish each job. We’ve been able to analyse engineer activity data and that has enabled us to set more realistic benchmark times for each task they do. As a result, our time estimates are now far more accurate and are no longer based on best guess. This really helps us to understand how we can plan our resources more effectively within MCS-rm.
We track all costs against each project and we expect to be able to see planned time versus actual time taken for each job along with cost summaries. With this transparency, we can instantly see how profitable each project is.
Purchase Order Efficiency
Invoices can now be matched with purchase orders in MCS-rm at the touch of a button in the currency of choice. By automating this process alone, we have achieved a 66% reduction in the time taken to match purchase orders to invoices at month end.
MCS Business Intelligence has enabled me to amend a report that I need ‘on the fly’ without needing a reporting expert on hand to assist. This gives me all the information I need quickly so that I can make better and faster strategic decisions.
Since using MCS-rm rental software, Procomm Site Services has been able to:
- Control and monitor its 6,500 rental assets as well as unit sales.
- Reduce the need to have dedicated IT resources by utilising MCS Cloud.
- Manage, schedule and allocate workloads to its team of installation engineers using MCS Workshop Mobile.
- See a consolidated view of all its customer, equipment assets, quotes, contracts, purchase orders and invoices in its MCS-rm system.
- Monitor and track the history of any asset throughout its lifecycle.
- View real-time status updates from their field-based engineers.