Cardinal Edifice is a large French construction company and its equipment department manages a fairly substantial fleet. The company’s management team had identified the need for a centralized tool that enables them to manage equipment availability, allocate costs to various construction sites, save time and improve efficiency. They were previously using software which could no longer cope with the ever-increasing demands on the equipment department.
Since installing MCS-rm hire software, Cardinal Edifice has implemented processes which give them a better visibility on their fleet, simplify the way they work and improve the efficiency of its hire operation.
What made you choose MCS?
After drawing up a software requirements wish-list and evaluating all the different alternatives, we found that MCS-rm was the best tool to match our needs, to offer complete visibility of our equipment usage and demonstrate an end-to-end solution to manage all our rental activities from contracts through to deliveries, invoicing and maintenance monitoring.
Better Efficiency and time savings
Before MCS-rm, we had to manually create work orders for teams. Now, we just need to press the ‘print’ button and a picking list gets dispatched to all the teams. This is a huge time saver for us as we have less manual entries to key in.
Business Intelligence is a very useful tool. To ensure our compliance with ISO standards we have to control certain indicators at 100%, such as the topographic equipment maintenance. I just need to click on the button "update" and I can obtain the figures for the month or the previous 6 months. I no longer have the dilemma I used to have when I had to add up all the invoices manually.
Increased accuracy of deliveries and invoicing
Deliveries are loaded according to the instructions of the picking list. At the end of the month, it is simple to invoice each building site without forgetting any item.
Since using MCS-rm rental management software, Cardinal Edifice can:
- Control the profitability of each machine to help decide whether to continue using them or replace them.
- Follow the maintenance of vehicles and cranes and make sure they do not miss any compulsory control.
- Simplify the ordering process by using the Online Shop. The sites place their equipment orders online themselves, saving the time it would take the equipment department to process and check the orders.
- Allocate the costs to each site at the end of the month.
- Work with multiple windows: for example, it is possible to have a contract open and display the equipment in another window.