First Response, chose the original UNIX based MCS software solutions back in 2002 when joint MD, Dave Blundell, decided to start up his own hire company. In 2007, he migrated to MCS-rm to gain further benefits provided by the Windows environment.
First Response now uses MCS-rm rental software to run their external hire operation and site supplies business (First Response Site Services) and a procurement division (First Response Site Supplies). Their entire operation is run by MCS-rm including the hire desk, warehouse, transport scheduling, workshop and accounts.
What made you choose MCS?
We liked MCS because of the familiar software interface and also because we knew the company and that they would be able to support us well in the future.
MCS-rm Workflow Function
Contracts can be listed out at each stage of the process, making it easier to see what each department needs to do next. These email inboxes appear on prominent screens that are located on the new central hire desk ensuring nothing gets missed.
Now we are far more efficient with 99% of our deliveries & collections paperless within our transport logistics.
Picking Mobile has simplified our picking process. We no longer need a PC in the warehouse and one person can perform the process alone instead of two. This has resulted in significantly reduced warehouse costs and our resources have been redeployed to other parts of the business.
A hire company needs to have a professional brand image and a strong e-commerce presence. Being able to offer online ordering of equipment and consumables will help reinforce our reputation as a specialist and trustworthy organisation. We expect that the online presence will allow us to compete alongside the national players in the rental and site consumables market and put us in the best position to win tenders for more lucrative contracts.
Since using MCS-rm rental software, First Response Site Services has been able to:
- Manage all tool repairs with the Workshop facility in MCS-rm.
- Create workshop damage letters to help log and recover the costs, when necessary, from clients ensuring their hires remain profitable.
- Consolidate all their orders under one roof with the launch of their central hire & sales desk.
- Set a clearly defined procedure using the MCS-rm Workflow function.
- Eliminate paper delivery notes.
- Schedule deliveries, collections and exchanges ensuring driver routes are optimised with Transport Manager.
- Use Transport Mobile to capture electronic signatures as proof of delivery and send ad-hoc collections direct to a driver's mobile whilst on the road.
- Use barcode scanning to make the picking process easier.
- Enable its key customers to see their own order history, what equipment they have out on hire, download their proof of delivery and collection documents within the MCS Customer Portal.