Before MCS-rm, Wernick Hire was relying on an older decentralised UNIX contract management solution from MCS, with some paper-based processes. System limitations were starting to hold the business back. Wernick Hire wanted new hire software to:
- Centralise data entry
- Automate and integrate their back office and rental functions
- Provide a stable and scalable platform for continued growth
- Provide powerful data and analysis tools
The migration to MCS-rm rental software went ahead with 150 users in a relatively short space of time and its new hire system was introduced to its front-office. Alongside hire and sales functionality, it also adopted CRM, purchase ordering and workshop.
With MCS-rm reporting, I have increased our utilisation rates close to double digits. By analyzing the group's kit utilisation rates, I can see which product lines are profitable and which are lagging behind. I now have insight into where to invest for maximum return.
One of our largest clients has set a benchmark that we have to achieve 90% of their call-out requests in a designated time-frame. Metrics from the MCS-rm Workshop module illustrate that we have over 100 call-outs a month for them, and we have solved 95% of these in the specified time-frame. The client has been impressed that we can prove that we are surpassing the agreed service levels and we are able to take swift action if we think these KPIs will not be achieved.
MCS have an in-depth knowledge of migrating IT systems and are also a very professional operation, with vendor agreements in place. These include the Escrow Protection agreement, which protects their customers in case anything should happen to the business.
Since using MCS-rm rental software and CRM, Wernick Hire has:
- Rationalised data previously stored on different systems
- Reduced the time it takes to input rental contracts
- Enhanced communication between different parts of the business
Wernick Hire is also now benefitting from:
- The ability to view real-time data, such as KPIs, instantly from multiple sources across the business so that strategic decisions can be made across the company
- Improved sales team productivity as salesmen can access their customer data on any mobile device, answer customer queries instantly and make the most out of each visit