After experiencing several business issues, Wall to Wall Communications decided they needed to invest in a hire solution that moved away from manual paper-based processes and to an electronic customer management system in the hopes that this would improve traceability of serialised equipment, manage depreciation of assets more efficiently, provide meaningful management reports and consolidate their hire processes onto one system.
After evaluating 6 different hire management packages, Wall to Wall Communications decided to purchase MCS-rm rental software due to its modern technology and a user-friendly Microsoft-based look and feel. They knew that the solution could be updated regularly so that the technology would never become obsolete in supporting their business.
Everything is now streamlined and runs on a single system, which has the added benefit of reducing the cost of software support for Sage.
A single hire management solution forces everyone to work in the same way, so following ISO procedures becomes an integral part of our working practices. The idea of ISO is to be able to trace everything for an order from sales to dispatch, and the system allows us to do this with ease.
We’re much more efficient as no time is wasted duplicating paperwork from one system to another and we spend less money on consumables, too. Furthermore, our equipment is now traceable and can be tracked quickly.
Having a central location for all customer details and contacts allows the sales team to cover for sickness and holidays. They can easily access the complete history of the account. Furthermore, it allows other staff to identify the right account manager and ensure that calls are appropriately handled and transferred.
Customer Relationship Management
Within CRM, we can also now better identify and understand calls and entries made, contracts won, contracts lost – and why – by industry type.
Since using MCS-rm rental software, Wall to Wall Communications has been able to:
- Improve internal communications with MCS-rm being used by staff across the entire business, in sales, hire, administration, despatch, repairs and finance where the system integrates to the Sage accountancy package already in use.
- Coordinate all the company's contracts and associated administration as well as maintaining a central database for all itemised equipment, storing customer/prospect details and keeping track of all assets.
- Improve process consistency by having all staff using the same up-to-date documents and templates.
- Reduce paperwork and eliminate labour-intensive manual processes.
- Use MCS CRM to manage their diverse customer base, create quotes and manage opportunities with both prospects and existing clients.